Wednesday 20 February 2008

Marvin - Half Way There

I'm half way through my intensive week of Marvin production, and this is what I've got so far. It's just lumped together in Quicktime so the pacing and editing is blatantly rubbish. It's going ok though I think - I'm making alterations to the storyboard and structure as I go. I'm a bit worried about how the button sequence and the build up of the machine getting out of control (here's the script again, if you have no idea what I'm on about) will work without being just a boring sequence of button pressing and rubbish close ups of Marvin's face. It should all become clear when I start editing the shots together properly though.


Marvin - Work In Progress from Retchy on Vimeo.

Another concern I have is the difference in styles between the intro and the rest of the film. Does it make sense, or does it seem a bit pointless and incongruous? I dunno - I think I might use the shot as bookends to the beginning and end of the film. We'll see...

No comments: