Monday 3 March 2008

Sound Re-Design

Spent a good few hours cooped up in the sound booth today and managed to make quite a few improvements I think. You won't be able to hear the bass on here very well probably, but the mix is all wrong anyway. I'm just working on getting the flow of it right at the moment and I'll worry about the levels later.


Sound Re-Design - Work In Progress from Retchy on Vimeo.

I quite like the start with the tunnel effects as you're outside the car and the change to a warmer, more muffled sound as you join the character inside. That bit was completely underdeveloped until today. I've also taken out quite a few of the rumbles that happen as the lights flash - there was a noise for every single pulse before, and it was complete overkill. All the sounds are recorded from a transistor radio I've had since I was about 8 - it still has the original batteries in it! - and another old '70s one I got off ebay.

No comments: